UV light Activated glue:
The ultraviolet curing adhesives are defined as adhesives or glues are able to cure, solidify or harden only when it exposed to one source of ultraviolet radiation with an intensity and wavelength well defined previously. Do you know that adhesives or glues that cure by ultraviolet light are used in a wide variety of objects around you?, Watches, sunglasses, electronics devices, glass tables and even tooth fillings are made possible by the development and implementation of the ultraviolet-curing adhesives.
The use of such adhesives requires suitable u.v. radiation equipment so that we ensure to dosage and apply the right wavelength (energy), each manufacturer of adhesive has their technical data sheet where you can find and select suitable ultraviolet equipment.
The rate of curing of these adhesives depends on:
- The intensity or quantity of ultraviolet light applied
- Time of application of ultraviolet
- Distance of application of the ultraviolet to the adhesive
- Thickness of the adhesive
- Permeability of the substrate which has to pass through the ultraviolet
Permeability of the substrate must be take into account if you want bond with this kind of adhesives, due to activate the cure process the adhesive need to absorb ultraviolet light and is necessary that at least one substrate must be permeable to ultraviolet, the variation of the substrate (especially plastic) produce different cure times as well as different chemical and mechanical behavior, for example exist transparent glass substrates that absorb ultraviolet radiation preventing their passage into the adhesive, so that no curing adhesive occurs.
Furthermore there are ultraviolet combined curing adhesives which allow continue it curing after applying the ultraviolet light by applying heat, moisture or absence of oxygen, solidifying the adhesive in those dark / hidden areas where light has not reached or reducing cure time when the adhesive thickness is high. Finally we must take into account that these products are very sensitive to light, so we store in a suitable condition reducing their exposure to sun and artificial light.
ADVANTAGES OF THE ULTRAVIOLET LIGHT CURING ADHESIVES:
- High speed curing, reducing curing times and eliminating fastening and fixation tools increased efficiency, productivity and reducing the cost of the process.
- 1 component adhesive, not need to be mixed with another component, eliminating the possibility of error during the mixing process as well as the equipment for mixing, these adhesives do not have pot life.
- Quick and easy verification of the joint by fluorescence of the adhesive, economic Non-destructive test and easily automated (online continuous inspection)
- Possibility of combined cured adhesives (temperature, humidity, activators…) in order to cure the adhesive in areas where ultraviolet does not reach.
- Solvent-free adhesives, improving environmental and health issues.
- Adhesive suitable for bonded joints mass produced, easily automated process.
- Adhesives transparent, allowing “invisible” joints improving aesthetics issues.
Disadvantages of the ultraviolet light curing adhesives:
- Need special equipment for generate the radiation of ultraviolet light as well as dispensing and verification equipment in production in mass.
- Need permeable substrates to ultraviolet radiation; the variation of substrates involves changes in the mechanical and chemical properties of the adhesive.
- Low range of adhesives available with this technology compared to conventional adhesives, reducing possible applications.
- Adhesives cured by ultraviolet light are more expensive compared to conventional adhesives of the same family.
WHICH PRODUCT TO BUY:
The most important and the most commonly asked question when the customer is buying something is which product to buy, because there is a great demand of technology when it proves its mark in the global market. There are many companies that make them. The products differ on the basis of their qualities and their designs. There are some companies that manufacture the product and they cheapen the qualities of their product just to reduce the selling amount just to compete in the global market with international companies. In this scenario, the buyer faces a dilemma or confusion and they find themselves in a hard place to make a choice. To reduce the amount of confusion one has to face while buying anything we have come up with certain set of specifications that one must keep in mind before buying any product followed by a few reviewed products based on those specifications for you to make it easier for you to decide. For that purpose, we have reviewed some of the best products and our review is based on a set of specifications.
Specifications are the abilities and qualities that a device, machine or a product have. Specifications help the users determine the overall know how of the product along with giving a general idea about the capabilities. The first and the foremost is the quality of the product that is being bought. It allows the customers to determine the overall durability and the performance of the product. A product with great quality materials will not only last for longer but will also have a great performance as well. Therefore a customer must always check the quality of something before buyin it. The design of a product has a direct relationship with the personality of the seller as no one wants to buy a product with sloppy design. Therefore, one must look for the required design that must be attractive and compact while going through the options. Another important specification when it comes to electrical devices or anything related to it is the interface of the device. A product with a simple interface is better than the product with a complex interface. Because using s simple product is easy. And last but the not the least is the warranty of the product. The customer must ensure that the product he is buying is guaranteed as it determines the overall credibility of the seller. Therefore the customer must always look for products with warranties on them.
Based on these specifications, we have reviewed some of the best products.
The Rapid Fix UV Liquid Plastic Adhesive:
The Ultra violet light hardens when you want. It simply shines the light on the adhesive to cure. A good quality product which can be bought within the price range of $10 – $15!
There is a huge variety of products in the market. They differ from one another on the basis of their specifications, therefore choosing the best product is not easy and possible as the final say is of the customer. But the customers must ensure that the products they are buying have great qualities and they must always check the specification of the product to be bought.